Here's a list of services and my tidbits about how to do things smarter for your marketing.
Important to think about account structure before you get started and get too deep into what you are doing; Use an "agency" view and apply multiple accounts for search engine, campaigns and ad-groups.
Think "merge" of CRM data, blog data, website data and design of landing pages so your landing pages apply both CPM, PPC and SEO keyword requirements. This results in a "sales-funnel" approach to how you layout and structure the use of different data on different levels.
An example of landing page levels;
- Level 1, home page - think brand, industry branch,
category when you choose keywords
- Level 2, product area page - think products area specific
- Level 3, individual product page - think product specific
keywords and chosen features, benefits and advantages (F/B/A) keywords
- Level 4, Buy or call to action page - reinforce F/B/A
keywords and provide easy action
- Design a landing page having clearly in mind, where do you want your
customer to end up? Applies for all levels of pages.
- Use images, color, action text
- Use 3 different designs of you landing page layout ads for the same
campaigns, kill the two worst performing, write two new ones based on the
number one performing, keep going, allow 6 months for analytics and follow up,
then keep marketing
- Fortune 500 companies spend about 15% of marketing budget on optimization
- A lot money on optimization but not on analyzing and measuring conversion
- Optimization still a must but testing needed
Testing, Segmenting and Targeting (TST)
MVT testing will analyze use of a specific element vs. price, product message, no phone number in ad, what logo used, etc.
You want to check parameters such as
- Source, from where does the customer come when arriving on your
- Behavior, what does the customer do once there?
- Geo tagging data, what day and part of day?
Conclusion: A project result was presented, with a 12% uptake in conversion, resulting 874% ROI on marketing cost and more than 1M £ in extra revenie.
on criteria used redirect traffic via Omniture and back to company website, presenting the different landing page choices.