Morris Packer from Bonnier AB, responsible for mobile media presented
Who is driving the media? - Mobile media is "the media"
Morris presented a story about the first 5k days of the web and it is all about the economy stupid quoting Bill Clinton". Morris also used an example; They ran an ad for Spotify the music streaming service offering 4k free invites in the daily paper Expressen, http://www.expressen.se , the give away invites offer disappeared right away.
User generated content is also a key driver, an example, the Bambuser company allows everybody with a 3G camera/video phone to become a reporter and get the news streamed viahttp://bambuser.com
Bambuser is used for - online streaming TV from this event
Mobile broadband, blogs, twitter and streaming are changing how elections are done. Just see what happened in USA for the 2008 election.
- Mobile media is driven by the users
- Bluetooth used for peer communications between users (kids who don’t have internet service on their phones) for videoclips
- Email has become a service for old people
- Multimedia and live streaming for new generation of users
- Consumers are the new media creators
Another little story, you have to remind people nowadays to call 112 (in US 911) to report an accident before, you send in a video clip to the newspaper.
More from this event will come in newer blog posts from Thomas Lidforss International